Monday, October 12, 2009

Winter Chicken Soup


A perfect supper when the weather is totally unseasonable for October. (Cold!) I made gluten-free biscuits to go with it and it was very satisfying. I almost didn't miss the noodles.

Winter Chicken Soup
2 large chicken breasts, cubed in 1/2" pieces (about 1 1/2 pounds)
Salt
Pepper
1 tsp Herbs De Provence (I made the Emeril recipe from Food Network but you could use any recipe)
1 tsp celery seed
1 T dried parsley
1 can organic chicken broth (label reading is important with this ingredient)
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
1/2 pound sliced carrots
3 large stalks chopped celery
Potato starch
Olive oil
Butter

Season chicken with salt, pepper, herbs, celery seed and parsley. Brown in 1 T olive oil and 1 T butter. Add celery and brown for a few minutes. Add broth, carrots, and additional water to cover; bring to a boil and simmer at least 2 hours until flavors are blended.

Stir 2 T potato starch into a cup of cold water and stir into soup. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture is thickened. Makes about 8 generous servings.

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness this recipe looks delish! I'll have to try it. I love that it's gluten free, too.

    ReplyDelete

I am excited to hear from you, but I will check out your comment before posting it just in case... I do want your input and help with allergies!