Friday, October 9, 2009

Utah Peaches

Hands down the best tasting peaches are those from Utah. I think the alkaline soil makes them sweeter. Some years we drive down and buy peaches, but it didn't work out this year. No grocer in this area seems to want to carry Utah peaches anymore-it's either Washington or California. Neither are as sweet. My SIL told me she found Utah peaches on the corner near her home and did we want her to pick a box up for us? Of course! They weren't cheap, but what a treat.


More of those make-do containers. I try to reuse every container I get-there's even a potato salad container among the yogurt containers.

So far, there's been lots of eating, and the other day Hubs put up seven quarts in the canner. Today I made two batches of freezer jam. Oh, winter will be much nicer with this little stash! Add that to the strawberry and raspberry jams in the freezer and we will be happy campers! Oh, and I made my cobbler, too!


The heavenly jam-it set up really fast. This container won't make it to the freezer-I have some waffles that are waiting for it.

My SIL brought me a recipe for fake corn syrup. I used in the jam since the recipe in the pectin box called for corn syrup to prevent sugar crystal from forming in the freezer. I'm going to try the rest of the syrup batch in my special caramels and if it works I will post both recipes in a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am excited to hear from you, but I will check out your comment before posting it just in case... I do want your input and help with allergies!