Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Communion Wafers

A few months back, I found this recipe for tapioca gluten-free bread.  Of course I latched onto it immediately.  It's quick and easy, and very delicious.  The recipe instructs you to make rolls but I make a small loaf instead, it stays softer and makes pretty dandy toast.

I've been making communion wafers for church for a couple of years now, but I haven't been impressed with the taste.  Not that it's a big deal, I'm just glad that the few of us at church who can't tolerate wheat can participate in communion.  But still it's nice to have something that isn't totally yucky!

Sooo-why not roll the Pan de Yuca dough out really thin and cut out wafers?  Why indeed, so I did just that.  Success!!



Nice and crispy.  In the next few days I'm going to make regular sized crackers out of the dough.
I put one each in little pill bags and store them in the church freezer.  30 or so will last a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am excited to hear from you, but I will check out your comment before posting it just in case... I do want your input and help with allergies!