Monday, August 12, 2013

"The Best Cookies I've Ever Eaten!"

That's what my gluten-free friend said after tasting my latest chocolate chip recipe.  Then she qualified her statement by saying it might be because she hasn't had a real cookie in over a year and a half!  At any rate they are yummy.  Sydney eats one every time he walks by the kitchen.  I decided, after finding a very delicious chickpea tortilla chip recipe that I needed to try this wonderful food in other baking, hence the upgraded cookie.  I have to say, this is the closest I have come to the taste of a real cookie in the four years I've been dealing with these allergies. It's a lot like my former recipes, with some small alterations.  Be sure to use safe for you ingredients, what works for me may not work for you.


Chickpea Chocolate Chippers
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup chickpea flour
1 cup tapioca starch
1/2 cup potato starch
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag (2 cups) chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts, if desired (I leave those out-allergic)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Stir together dry ingredients and stir into butter mixture.  Stir in chips and nuts.  Drop by teaspoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for about 10 minutes.  I set the timer for 8 minutes, then turn and finish with 2 more.  

Cool and inhale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am excited to hear from you, but I will check out your comment before posting it just in case... I do want your input and help with allergies!