Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Check This Out-Really, PETA!

Can you believe how insulting this billboard is? I have never thought PETA was long on common sense, but to put down overweight people with the false idea that if you didn't eat meat you would be thin confirms my suspicion. I have vegetarian friends-some are heavy, some are thin. I know meat-eaters that are fat and meat-eaters that are thin, but you can be overweight no matter what your food beliefs are. Personally, with all my allergies to fruits, vegetables and grains, I'd starve to death as a vegetarian. I thank God that I can eat an egg!

Thanks, Alexandra, for bringing my attention to this. Alex is a successful vegetarian with a super sense of humor and a boatload of common sense.

I'm chunky (overweight) but I've decided to be healthy and ignore today's interpretation of what a woman's body should look like. Besides, most of the weight loss programs are heavy on the foods I can't eat. Besides I am convinced that most of the overweight in the USA nowadays is caused by food additives-corn syrup, trans fats, hormones, antibiotics, etc. Clean up our food and thin down our people.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts exactly. The entire food industry is flawed, so shame isn't going to help anyone. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

I am excited to hear from you, but I will check out your comment before posting it just in case... I do want your input and help with allergies!