Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baked Chicken Recipe


Most of the time I dislike chicken breasts. They tend to be dry and get that way fast in that short period between done and overdone. I developed this recipe last week when I needed something for a church potluck that I could eat, too. I didn't let anyone know it was "special" and it was gone in a hurry.

Baked Chicken Breasts
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 T butter
1 T olive oil
1/2 cup potato starch
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp ground coriander
Salt and pepper

Cut chicken pieces in half, season with salt and pepper. Pound with the flat side of a meat mallet between two sheets of wax paper. Mix together potato starch, paprika, celery salt and paprika. Dredge chicken in mixture and brown in butter/olive oil. Lay pieces in a casserole dish. Stir water into leftover dredge, pour in skillet. Whisk until smooth, adding more water if necessary to make a smooth sauce. Pour sauce over chicken and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am excited to hear from you, but I will check out your comment before posting it just in case... I do want your input and help with allergies!