Thursday, January 5, 2017

Been Playing Muffins Again!


My son was recently diagnosed with celiac.  So on Christmas I wanted to make a yummy bread for the two of us to feast on.  A few weeks ago I had kind of a breakthrough in my baking-I accidentally put too much liquid in the batter and to my surprise my muffins turned out much higher, moister and nicely textured.  So this is what I came up with for Christmas.  Oh, and the grandkids loved these, too.

Cheddar Muffins
1 3/4 cups chickpea (garbanzo) flour
1 tsp guar gum
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 T sugar
1 T dried parsley
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1/3 cup oil

Whisk together all the dry ingredients.  Beat the milk, oil and eggs together, whisk into dry ingredients.  Mix until smooth. (This is not like baking with gluten, you don't have to worry about the dough getting tough.)  Stir the shredded cheese into the batter.  Spoon into paper lined muffin pans.  Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.  The first time I made these I stood there and ate two, barely cooled, they were so good! If you need to you can substitute for the eggs and milk.

I just made these again this morning and since I was out of parsley I used oregano.  Haven't tasted them yet, but they'll probably be lunch.  Smells like a pizzeria in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am excited to hear from you, but I will check out your comment before posting it just in case... I do want your input and help with allergies!